A small agency doing big things
IN THE NEWS
8/9 Fun and creative projects are lighting up. Starting on a proposal for PBSKids, two film production sites, and an artist site.
7/31 Launched new website we built for Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health
2/18 Happy to welcome Columbia University as a new client!
11/17 We won! “Cyberchase: Save the Park! game (designed and programmed by Bluemarker LLC) won a Cynopsis Kids 2017 !magination Award for “Online Game,” beating out a competitive field stacked with Nickelodeon games from brands like Legends of the Hidden Temple, Paw Patrol and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. ” – WNET
Bluemarker LLC is an award-winning team of 6 core designers and coders, plus a network of collaborators that have worked on hundreds of digital products. Our work ranges from small indie sites to large HTML/CMS websites, cross-platform games, and an emerging social media content area. Our primary clients are Columbia University, Scholastic Inc. PBS Kids, WNET, and Wiley Publishing.
Bluemarker LLC is headquartered in the greater New York City area and works 100% remotely allowing us to take on contracts from anywhere in the world. Our team members are also located nationally. Allowing us to bring on project talent from anywhere.
We’ve been lucky enough to work for large educational companies like PBS and Scholastic, where creating enriching content that is engaging, artistic, and creative is the primary objective. We carry those principles in all our projects.
For complex CMS development, Sam Lewis and his team at WebContempo become team members to bring advanced CMS development. Pixel Jam’s Miles Tilmann is our go-to game and app programmer, along with Project Ed as a new partner in educational programming.
- UX Research
- User Testing
- Case Study
- Concept Dev
- Web/Game/App Design
- SM Content Design
- Video Promos
- After Effects
- Sound Production
- Augmented Reality
“Bluemarker is always trying new creative directions, pushing themselves to make the product stronger and I am grateful for that high standard of quality that they consistently provide.”Marj KleinmanSenior Digital Producer, WNET New York
“Janette Afsharian is absolutely remarkable. She's a top-notch developer & producer of digital content. Working with her and her team is a pleasure – and the quality of the work is second to none!”Jef KaminskyVP of TV Development, Scholastic Inc.
“Highly recommend working with Bluemarker and Janette.”Mattias SchmittCOO, CMO at Space Racers
“Janette is highly creative (with a strong eye for design), responsive, quick, and technically excellent. Janette is a true pleasure to work with.”Sean PidgeonVP Director & Director, John Wiley and Sons
“I just wanted to tell you we love your Dino Store story app. All of my students love it, especially one 7 year old student with autism...It was his first “story” that he connected with and because of your app he now connects with me and he is making progress with his communication skills. ”Speech Language PathologistRegarding Dino-Store App
- 2017 Cynopsis Award Winner for Best Online Game for PBS Kids “Save the Park”
- 2016 Emmy Nomination for “Outstanding Interactive” for PBS Kids “Save the Park”
- 2015 Parent’s Choice Fun Stuff Award Space Racers App
- 2014 Digital Story Top storybook app for Dino-Store App
- 2013 Emmy Nominations New Approaches site, PBS & Scholastic “CVC”
- 2013 NETA Award: Best Children’s site PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2013 Imagen Award Winner: Best Web Comedy Series “Oh Noah!”
- 2013 Kirkus Best Storybook Apps for Dino-Store App
- 2013 Digital Storytime Best Storybook Apps for Dino-Store App
- 2012 Emmy Nomination: New Approaches PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2012 Imagen Award Winner: Best Web Comedy Series “Oh Noah!”
- 2012 Silver W3 Winner: Best children’s site PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2010 Emmy Nomination for “New Approaches” for PBS’s “Atropia”