A small agency doing big things
2019- 2023 Columbia University, PBS, and a list of notable indie artists have been keeping us busy with web design, programming, and maintenance of their sites which include:
- PBS: Let’s Learn, CAMPTV, design and programmed online video streaming sites with thousands of videos
- Columbia: ICAP Reports 2021, ICAP, PHIA, CQUIN, OHWA (International Online Learning Site)
- Indies: FAM, DameTown, Renee Tod, World Of Ursula K. Le Guin, Partner Pictures, White Wall Space, and Essex Tennis
- Podcast: Lost in Jersey – Co-Founder, C0-Host, Designer, and Developer
2017 – 2018 Fourth Emmy nomination! For Best Online Game for “Cyberchase: Save the Park! Bluemarker LLC designed and programmed the game. It went on to win Cynopsis Kids 2017 !magination Award beating out Nickelodeon Paw Patrol and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
2000 – 2016 Over 100 projects and three Emmy nominations and still loving it.
Bluemarker LLC is an award-winning design and development agency Founded by Graphic Artist and Developer Janette Afsharian. Each project is led by Janette Afsharian and from her network of collaborators who have worked on hundreds of digital products. Our services include websites, games, apps, print, and branding. We work with both small and large organizations. Our primary clients are Columbia University, Scholastic Inc. PBS Kids, WNET, and Wiley Publishing.
We’ve been lucky enough to work for large educational companies like PBS, Scholastic, Columbia, and Wiley. These organizations for decades have made it their priority to create enriching content that is engaging, artistic, and creative. We carry those principles into all our projects.
Bluemarker LLC is headquartered in the greater New York City area and works 100% remotely allowing us to take on contracts from anywhere in the world. Our team members are also located internationally. Allowing us to bring on project talent from anywhere.
For large scope websites, games, and apps Bluemarker scales up by bringing on freelancers and/or partnering with other agencies to meet the needs of the project.
- Web, Game, and App Design
- Sites: tv shows, books, online ed, kid, film, promo, entertainment, non-profit, medical
- Social Media Content
- Concept Dev
- Video Promos
- After Effects
- 2017 Cynopsis Award Winner for Best Online Game for PBS Kids “Save the Park”
- 2016 Emmy Nomination: Outstanding Interactive for PBS Kids “Save the Park”
- 2015 Parent’s Choice Fun Stuff Award Space Racers App
- 2014 Digital Story Top storybook app for Dino-Store App
- 2013 Emmy Nomination: New Approaches site, PBS & Scholastic “CVC”
- 2013 NETA Award: Best Children’s site PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2013 Imagen Award Winner: Best Web Comedy Series “Oh Noah!”
- 2013 Kirkus Best Storybook Apps for Dino-Store App
- 2013 Digital Storytime Best Storybook Apps for Dino-Store App
- 2012 Emmy Nomination: New Approaches PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2012 Imagen Award Winner: Best Web Comedy Series “Oh Noah!”
- 2012 Silver W3 Winner: Best children’s site PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2010 Emmy Nomination for “New Approaches” for PBS’s “Atropia”
Wordpress, Squarespace and HTML sites built to impress.
“The Kids’ Media & Education team at WNET (NY Public Media) has worked with Janette for more than a decade. She is amazing! Creative, professional, and a true collaborator. And the end product - whether it’s a digital game or website - has always top-notch.”Shandra SheppardExecutive Producer and Director, Kids Media and Education at WNET- NY Public Media
“Janette is a superstar. Her team built a new website for my organization that is beautiful and has some added functionalities that dazzle and make it easier to find things -- at least once a day I say to myself, "I LOVE our website!" Janette listened to us and came up with creative strategies to give us what we needed. She is organized and a pleasure to communicate with. She makes us feel like top priority.”Faith RowoldCommunications Officer, News and Reporting at ICAP at Columbia University
“Janette Afsharian is absolutely remarkable. She's a top-notch developer & producer of digital content. Working with her and her team is a pleasure – and the quality of the work is second to none!”Jef KaminskyVP of TV Development, Scholastic Inc.
“I hired Janette and Bluemarker to help bring the site into the 21st century and her work dramatically surpassed all expectations. It was very important to us that we could work in a collaborative fashion. Janette was a perfectly flexible collaborator, and, after few meetings, we felt as though she were an integral part of our team. I have been consistently impressed with Janette's commitment to quality, her responsiveness, and her ingenuity in solving problems. She works very hard and there's never been any question about how much she cares about the success of the product she delivers. I would recommend her without hesitation.”Hugh SiegelICAP Columbia U. Deputy Director of Communications and Content Strategy
“Bluemarker is always trying new creative directions, pushing themselves to make the product stronger and I am grateful for that high standard of quality that they consistently provide.”Marj KleinmanSenior Digital Producer, WNET New York
“Highly recommend working with Bluemarker and Janette.”Mattias SchmittCOO, CMO at Space Racers
“Janette is highly creative (with a strong eye for design), responsive, quick, and technically excellent. Janette is a true pleasure to work with.”Sean PidgeonVP Director & Director, John Wiley and Sons
“I just wanted to tell you we love your Dino Store story app. All of my students love it, especially one 7 year old student with autism...It was his first “story” that he connected with and because of your app he now connects with me and he is making progress with his communication skills.”Speech Language PathologistRegarding Dino-Store App