The story was written by the app’s developer, Janette Afsharian’s husband Roger Sedarat, after he and their son Milo joked about the possibilities of dinosaurs hatching out of the eggs they just bought. After reading the story Janette put a team together to build an app.They set out to create a storybook app that is funny, and in many ways similar to the classics we all know and love like “Danny and the Dinosaur” and “Curious George.” The goal was to add a bunch of interactive surprises for kids to find but keeping the book simple and sweet without overwhelming the reader with too many features. Dino-Store the app was born! It was published in early 2013 and updated in late 2014. Stay tuned there is more to come!
Janette Afsharian, Executive Producer
Founder and CEO of Bluemarker LLC. Fifteen years of experience in game, website, and more recently app design. Three Emmy nominations for children’s media properties with PBSKids and Scholastic. Currently working to expanding Bluemarker’s original content development and create a cartoon series for Dino-Store.
Roger Sedarat, Author
Roger Sedarat, the author of two poetry collections, began writing children’s literature while reading and making up stories with his two young sons. The setting of Dino-Store, his first picture book, is loosely based on his neighborhood grocery store in Montclair, NJ, where he frequently takes both of his boys shopping. He teaches poetry and literary translation in the MFA Program at Queens College, City University of New York.
Shannon Palmer, Animation
Creative Director at Bluemarker LLC. Four Emmy nominations for children’s media properties. Artist, Illustrator, Video Producer. Crazy creative.
Trade Loeffler, Illustrator
Trade Loeffler, Illustrator Trade has illustrated two children’s books, Zig and Wikki in Something Ate My Homework, and in The Cow. Both are part of the TOON Books for Early Readers series of comics published by RAW Junior. He lives in New York City with his wife, Annalisa, and son, Clark.
English Narration by Rachael Egan
Rachael has a background in acting and is currently writing her own children’s book. In addition to her writing she is also an advocate for foster children and adoption. She is Irish and has traveled and lived all around the world. Rachael now lives in the New York City area with her husband and three daughters.
Spanish Narration by Cindy C.A. Pereira
Cindy is a professional voice over artist. Born in the U.S.A., raised in Portugal, educated in NYC. Fluent in English and Portuguese. Conversational Spanish.
Developer – Bluemarker LLC
Bluemarker LLC, found by Janette Afsharian in 2000, has 17 years of experience development interactive projects for clients like PBS Kids and Scholastic Inc.
- 2016 Emmy Nomination for “Outstanding Interactive” for PBS Kids Cyberchase “Save the Park” Game
- 2015 Parent’s Choice Fun Stuff Award Space Racers App
- 2014 Digital Story Top storybook app for Dino-Store App
- 2013 Emmy Nominations New Approaches PBS’s & Scholastic Chuck Vanderchuch Site
- 2013 NETA Award: Best children’s site PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2013 Imagen Award Winner: Best Web Comedy Series “Oh Noah!”
- 2013 Kirkus Best Storybook Apps for Dino-Store App
- 2013 Digital Storytime Best Storybook Apps for Dino-Store App
- 2012 Emmy Nomination: New Approaches PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2012 Imagen Award Winner: Best Web Comedy Series “Oh Noah!”
- 2012 Silver W3 Winner: Best children’s site PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2010 Emmy Nomination for “New Approaches” for PBS’s Atropia