Design, Build & Pubish Digital Content
Founded By Janette Afsharian
A multi-media designer, project manager, producer, and html coder that has helped create 100-plus digital properties over 15 years. I work with a network of talented designers and programmers, that become team members for complex or large projects. My priorities for each new project is to understand what the client and their users need and want, as well as making sure I’m staying on top of design and tech innovations. I enjoy challenges and working with down to earth people that want to learn and grow from each project.
Big shout out to the very talented artist Shannon Palmer who has collaborated with me on many projects, Mo Riza who has been my mentor since day one, and Jef, Marj, Matthias, and Sean that wrote these nice comments about me below.
Super Nice Words
“Janette Afsharian is absolutely remarkable. She's a top-notch developer & producer of digital content. Working with her and her team is a pleasure – and the quality of the work is second to none!”Jef KaminskyVP of TV Development, Scholastic Inc.
“Bluemarker is always trying new creative directions, pushing themselves to make the product stronger and I am grateful for that high standard of quality that they consistently provide.”Marj KleinmanSenior Digital Producer, WNET New York
“Highly recommend working with Bluemarker and Janette.”Mattias SchmittCOO, CMO at Space Racers
“Janette is highly creative (with a strong eye for design), responsive, quick, and technically excellent. Janette is a true pleasure to work with.”Sean PidgeonVP Director & Director, John Wiley and Sons
Teamwork at its finest
Four Emmy Nominations!
- 2016 Emmy Nomination for “Outstanding Interactive” for PBS Kids Cyberchase “Save the Park” Game
- 2015 Parent’s Choice Fun Stuff Award Space Racers App
- 2014 Digital Story Top storybook app for Dino-Store App
- 2013 Emmy Nominations New Approaches PBS’s & Scholastic Chuck Vanderchuch Site
- 2013 NETA Award: Best children’s site PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2013 Imagen Award Winner: Best Web Comedy Series “Oh Noah!”
- 2013 Kirkus Best Storybook Apps for Dino-Store App
- 2013 Digital Storytime Best Storybook Apps for Dino-Store App
- 2012 Emmy Nomination: New Approaches PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2012 Imagen Award Winner: Best Web Comedy Series “Oh Noah!”
- 2012 Silver W3 Winner: Best children’s site PBS’s “Oh Noah!”
- 2010 Emmy Nomination for “New Approaches” for PBS’s Atropia
Design & Development
When it comes to UX Research, Design, Front-End Coding, Project Management, Social Media Content, and Branding, I can work independently. Experts will be added to projects for Illustration, Animation, App/Game Programming, and any areas that need additional know-how.
- Usability reports
Design & Coding
- Website & App UX Design
- Social Media Design
- HTML & WordPress Coding
- App Programming
- App Publishing & Localization
- Video Promos (30 sec)
- After Effects
- Sound Production
- Augment Reality
- Social Media
- Business Card
- Style Guide